This is a busy time of year and many of you are thinking about putting your properties on the market.
First thing to do is de-personalize and de-clutter.
- De-personalizing is taking down the wall of family photos and all the magnets on the fridge.
- Its okay to have 2-3 family photos out, but not a whole gallery.
- You want the buyer to be able to visualize themselves in your home.
- So no weekly schedules and diets magnetically affixed to the fridge.
- One or two reminders out of sight, but not the whole family’s schedule for the month.
- De-clutter – this means renting a storage unit if need be.
- Do not stack boxes in the garage and basement, as this just makes those spaces look small and un-usable.
- A few boxes in each space is okay, but best to have none.
More about staging next week.